A Little Bit of History about Our Company
Bangor Tire Company, Inc. opened its doors in 1927 taking over the operation of a B.F. Goodrich Company store located on Franklin Street in Bangor. We initially sold just Goodrich Tires and Willard Batteries.
As time went on we added major appliances and a line of generators to our product offerings.
In 1970 it was time for us to move to a more up-to-date location moving us to 35 Market Street, where our Consumer Division is today. At this time we shifted our direction of sales to the transportation
industry and industrial users. With the steady increases in the tire and automotive services we discontinued the Appliance and Generator Divisions during 1983.
We continued to grow and found there was a need for commercial tire service and sales. So in the fall of 1999 we rented 2.5 bays at the end of the Bangor Truck & Trailer building in Bangor. As this division of our
business grew it required us to move into a building with more space to accommodate our commercial customers. In 2002 we moved to our current 6 bay unit with a warehouse on 514 Coldbrook Road next to Dysart's.